Air Conditioning Installation
Excellent Air can install a complete air conditioning system in your home. Whether you live on Long Island, in Queens, in NYC or anywhere in New York, they have qualified technicians that will come to your home to perform a quality installation. They can install either a central air conditioning system or a ductless split air conditioning system. What’s the difference you may ask?
Central Air Conditioning System
A central air conditioning system treats air at a central location and then distributes it to and from rooms through fans, vents and a series of ducts. Supply ducts and registers carry the cool air from the air conditioner to the home. As the air becomes warmer as it circulates through the home, it then flows back to the central air conditioner through return ducts and registers to be cooled and recirculated throughout the home again.
Ductless Split Air Conditioning System
A ductless split system has two main components: an outdoor compressor and an indoor air-handling unit. A conduit links the outdoor unit with the indoor unit. It does not require ductwork, making it a more convenient cooling option for older buildings or homes with thick walls. It works to keep a room temperature at a constant temperature, unlike an air conditioning unit that goes on and off throughout the day.
According to HGTV.com, some systems can even double as heating systems, and in the colder months the system works in reverse by absorbing heat from the outside air and moving it indoors to heat your home as well.
The main differences between the ductless mini-split system and a central air conditioning system include the price, amount of maintenance required, and the overall aesthetic look of each system. Ductless mini-split units can be more expensive and are not the most attractive, but they require little to no maintenance. However, central air conditioning systems are less expensive and virtually invisible, but they do require annual maintenance.
Whatever type of air conditioning system you choose, the technicians at Excellent Air Conditioning & Heating can install a quality air conditioning system in your home or place of business in Long Island, in Queens, in NYC or anywhere in New York. The professionals at Excellent Air Conditioning and Heating Services Inc. can assist you with choosing and installing the perfect cooling system for your home.
While no one can predict if their air conditioning system will break down or need repair, scheduling routine maintenance and service appointments for your air conditioning system can help to lessen the chances of a problem or need for repair. Excellent Air can perform routine inspections and service for your air conditioning system to ensure that it is running effectively and efficiently and your home remains cool throughout the warm summer months. It is a good idea to schedule an inspection of your air conditioning unit before the warm months of spring and summer begin.
Air Conditioning Repair Services
If your air conditioning system is in need of repair, contact the professionals at Excellent Air Conditioning & Heating. A professional air conditioning repair specialist can come to your home or place of business on Long Island, in Queens, in NYC or anywhere in NY to inspect your system. Before calling a specialist, you can always try to troubleshoot the problem yourself; however it is best to call a professional.
Home Tips.com offers the following tips when you are inspecting your air conditioning system and waiting for a technician to arrive for repairs:
• Check the main electrical panel and any secondary circuit panels for a tripped breaker or blown fuse. If you find the problem there, reset the breaker by turning it off and then on or replace the fuse. A central air conditioner typically connects to a dedicated 240-volt circuit. • If the breaker continues to trip, suspect a short in the system—in the compressor, capacitor, or the fan motor.
• Make sure the thermostat is set to COOL and its temperature setting is at least 3 degrees below the ambient room temperature.
• Make sure the power is on. Check the switch in the furnace or air handler, and the outdoor condenser. Also make sure no one has shut off the compressor’s 240-volt disconnect, typically in a metal box mounted near the compressor.
• Remove the thermostat’s cover after turning off the power to the air conditioner. Remove the thermostat’s body from the base (usually by pulling straight out) and replace the batteries (if it has batteries). Make sure all wires securely attach to their terminals and that the cover won’t pinch them. Replace the cover and wait a few minutes, and then try the system again.
• Open the thermostat and unscrew the wire from the Y terminal. Turn the power back on.
• Lastly, check the compressor’s capacitor and wires. The capacitor in the compressor starts both the condenser and the fan. If the capacitor has failed, the A/C unit will not run. It is easy to test whether it works and it is inexpensive to fix if it does not work. While you can troubleshoot any problems with your air conditioning unit in your home, it is best to call a professional. Excellent Air has an experienced team of technicians that can repair any problems with your air conditioning system.
Maintenance Agreements for Air Conditioning Systems
Whether you live on Long Island, in NYC, in Queens, or anywhere in New York, Excellent Air also suggests maintenance and service agreements for all types of air conditioning systems that are used in the home. With a maintenance agreement, you will receive prompt and professional services for any necessary air conditioning repairs or maintenance. If you are experiencing any problems with your air conditioning, give Excellent Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. a call and they will come to your home or business for service. Excellent Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. offers service agreements to all of their customers so they will not have to pay additional fees if their heating or air conditioning system breaks down.
Choose Excellent Air for High Quality Air Conditioning Maintenance, Repair and Installation Service
For the best air conditioning and HVAC services company on Long Island, in Queens, in NYC and in New York, contact Excellent Air Conditioning & Heating Services Inc. Excellent Air Conditioning & Heating offers commercial and residential air conditioning installation, repair and maintenance services as well as heating services including boiler installation and system repair. They have many years of experience installing, maintaining and servicing air conditioning units in homes and businesses on Long Island, in Queens, NYC and throughout the state of New York.
Make the smart choice and contact Excellent Air Conditioning & Heating Services for air conditioning repairs, installation systems and maintenance. We offer many other services for both commercial and residential customers. If you need air conditioning installation or repairs for your home or business in the New York metro area including Long Island, Queens and NYC, call 631-427-0677. For the best air conditioning services, contact Excellent Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. today.
Excellent Air Conditioning and Heating Services, Inc. offers a wide range of experience and knowledge about cooling systems. Regardless of size, type, make, or model, you can rest assured that Excellent Air knows the best way to care for and maintain your home or business's air conditioning system.
Our repertoire of cooling services includes the following: